The nightmare Cannot die, being eternal evil itself- horror, and pain, and chaos; there is no fighting her, no power can fight her, all that avails is flight. -The Odyssey-
Prologue: A Different Kind of Evil
He was odd-handsome I'll admit but certainly odd. One minute he was confessing his love to me and the next, he'd be rigid and angry. He wasn't normal and that was for certain. He was moody and most of the time, I had to tiptoe around his emotions.
Joesph Tameryn. A unusual name to match his equally unusual face. His eyes gleamed a metallic silver that turned a dark, mystic gold when he was thirsty- blood thirsty. Joesph wasn't who he seemed to be. Well, he never was. Even from the moment I met him, I sensed he was different but maybe...not human. A creature. A beautiful but almost unreal creature. His hair was ink black and his skin was deathly pale. He usually wore black but he was no where near what some would consider "gothic". I supposed he just preferred black. He didn't exactly get along well with other people. He didn't socialize well with us humans. Only I seemed to take notice to his particular uniqueness. He was amazing to me but a symbol of hell to others. Joesph...he was so misunderstood. His eyes were almost hypnotic and his voice was low and slightly scratchy but to me, it was like silk.
His kind was different from evil. The hunted and murdered but they weren't exactly evil, not in my eyes. At least, Joesph wasn't. Joesph was different from the stories. Most of his kind had a sense of self-control, unusual if you were basing off of those stories, but occasionally they did slip up.
They had only one enemy and to my surprise, they weren't human. They were much harder to recognize for they looked and sounded so normal during the day but on certain nights, they were monsters condemned to an eternity in the fires of hell.
I thought about the danger of hanging around someone like Joesph. My life was in danger ever moment I was with him. His relatives and enemies watched me like I was a walking beef platter.
Why, then, did I risk so much for this symbol of hate and evil? Why so much for a vampire? The answer was simple to me, quite simple.
I loved him.
About:
This is an orginal by me and is not based on any real life events. Anything that is related to something that has happened, past or present, or in life or death, is entirely coincedental and was not my intention.
About "Eternal Nightmare":
This is an unfinished story so far. My plan is to break it apart into 4 "books". So far, I have Books 1 & 2 completed. (Book 1: Hybrid ; Book 2: Darkness). I recently just started on Book 3: War. Book 1 is mostly the love story between Joseph and Nevaeh(pronounced Nev(the "e" as in bed)-ee-ah. For certain people, that will be the boring part but Books 2 & 3 begin getting into the start of a major conflict and doesn't focus so much on the love aspect but more on the changes going on with Nevaeh and her decisions between "stone & fire"(you'll get that once you get to Book 2).
I hope you enjoy this. I'm posting it by chapters up until the point where I've stopped writing. I've been working on this story for a couple years because I will write about 30 pages then put it down for a month or two or so then pick it back up and begin writing again. I hope you like it.
I hope you enjoy this. I'm posting it by chapters up until the point where I've stopped writing. I've been working on this story for a couple years because I will write about 30 pages then put it down for a month or two or so then pick it back up and begin writing again. I hope you like it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment